The application was made by Alumotion’s team our featured partner in Italy.
- The robot on the right picks the rough pieces to be machined from the trays of the ProFeeder Q therefore moving them to the center of the workbench, where they are gripped by a spindle.
- At this point the left robot picks up the necessary tool to perform the lapping (a precision finishing operation of surfaces) from the ProFeeder Light trolley. Finally, the first robot picks up the workpiece and places it on the tray on the right.
- The advantages of this application are mainly two; The first is to have created a custom solution through standard tools, taking advantage of the characteristics of EasyRobotics modular cells and integrating only some elements of third parties of our production, such as the workbench that serves as a link between the two units.
- This also reduces costs and time: a completely customized solution would require about 3 months of work, while in 10 days it was possible to complete the application. The second advantage is that the ProFeeder Q requires the presence of an operator for a very short time, as the change of trays takes place automatically.
- After processing the pieces of the first tray, thanks to the software interaction with the UR5, the command is given to carry out the replacement, and the first level is moved to make room for the second, in which the raw pieces are already placed. After an accurate risk analysis, it was established that the application requires security measures for personal moving around the work area. For this reason, laser scanners have also been installed, which interrupt operations when they detect the presence of a person near the desk.